Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Heart Felt Prayers

My prayers are with those who have become victims of Katrina's wrath. I also pray that they get the help and services that they need to move forward. Yes, we can all send money, clothes, etc and that's a wonderful thing. But I still wonder just how much it's going to take to get these people lives back on track. Yes, school starts here this week, but what about the kids who no longer have one to go to? I want to reach out and touch each and every one of them in some way, but for now, I send my prayers and hopes that they will be back to normal (whatever that is for them) real soon.

Hugs and prayers

2 comments:

Shari said...

The kids that have been relocated to the town I live in are already attending school if they're staying with family members (we started school in August). The school district has started registering kids that are in emergency shelters and hope to get them all placed by the end of the week. That's one thing they're really pushing - getting kids back into the classroom so they feel like at least something in their life is normal.

DD Blackman said...

Shari, I'm happy to hear that.