Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Don't Rush Your Words

Trust me on this. I rushed to get my prologue done and it was crap. Some things are better when the time is spent to make it right. Sometimes in our haste to get something written, we get a little sloppy with our words. We're all a little guilty of us, well okay, maybe just me (didn't want to go down in a sinking boat by myself). At any rate, I've slowed down a bit to keep from rambling and to have some flow to my writing. Haven't edited the prologue yet, but when I do, hopefully it will make a little more sense.

3 comments:

Nadia said...

Amen.

Good luck with your writing, Diane. I agree with you about taking your time w/ your writing.

Kristen Painter said...

I write with whatever speed the muse bestows upon me. Sometimes that's fast but mostly it's more of a plodding along sort of pace.

Either way, you can edit crap. You can't edit a blank page.

Shari said...

I have to admit, sometimes I write just to be writing - no real spark of creativity, but hoping to get one. At other times, I'm typing so fast and still can't keep up with how fast the story is unfolding in my head. Either way, you're writing - and you can fix the crap later! Look at it this way - at least you've got something done!