Friday, February 24, 2006

Get Organized

Lord knows I'm trying. My writing is all over the place. Working on too many projects at once and getting nothing done. Yikes. I have corrections to two ms and working on a short erotica story. I'm critiqueing chapters, writing reviews (check out the latest at romancedivas) you know the usual time crunchers. Seriously how do my fellow writers do it? Where do you start to get organized and more importantly, how? Okay folks, need some direction here. How do you keep your writing organized? Is there some trade secret?

5 comments:

Faith Bicknell said...

Hi Diane. I followed the link from Romance Divas.

I so understand how you feel. I have so much editing to do on top of my own writing projects, but I often feel like screaming and running out into the street from all the stress! LOL!

DD Blackman said...

So true - lol I'm sure we'll pull through somehow.

Lynn said...

No trade secrets to share, here. For me, it's pure dumb luck. I've got a few different things going at the same time, and I tend to just work on whatever interests me at the moment. Unless I'm down to crunch time...then I do whatever needs to be done.

Amie Stuart said...

I CANNOT MULTI-TASK!

I do one at a time. If another project tickles me, I make notes and tuck it away and force myself to finish up. FWIW I use the same notebooks all the time so it's not hard to go back and find stuff.

I am the most unorganized person in the world. You should see my house. It's awful (and right now because I'm editing, my bedroom floor looks like a paper factory exploded in it).

I also have to do promo stuff (but i haven't in a long time). Spreadsheets in Excel have saved me many headaches. I also make up extra folders in Outlook Express to save important emails in (I also print them out). I dont use big elaborate spreadsheets but I do have them (some for queries/submissions and some for promo/review requests). I also have another spreadsheet Kresley Cole (she used to offer this up off her website) to track word count. Ok I'm rambling and wasting time.......

Amie Stuart said...

P. S. I'm also pretty selfish with my time...Definitely not a yes person. LOL